At what age will my child start in primary school?

All children start nursery in September after their third birthday

How do I find out about Ofsted inspection results for the Primary School in which I am interested?

The Office for Standards in Education (OFSTED) is the Central Government Office which is responsible for carrying out inspections of all schools. OFSTED Reports can be obtained from the Internet at www.ofsted.gov.uk.

How do I apply for a school place?

Please view the school Admission Policy in the‘Policies Section’ of the school website

How do I decide on which school would best suit my child’s needs?

Primary School Performance Tables can be obtained from the Department for Education and Skills by telephoning 0370 000 2288. These and other performance tables are also available on the Internet at www.dfes.gov.uk/performancetables.

Performance Tables should only be used as part of the overall decision about the school you feel is most appropriate for your child. You should also take the time to visit the school, and look at the school prospectus.

How do I compare schools in my local area?

The primary school performance tables provide information on the achievements of pupils in primary schools, how they compare with other schools in the local Authority (LA) area and in England as a whole. Please visit the primary schools performance tables

How can I prepare my child for school?

  • Visit the school together when other children are there so he/she can get used to noise and become familiar with grounds.
  • Meet child’s teacher together.
  • Explain basic school routines and school rules.
  • Give your child lots of love and support and be excited and enthusiastic about him/her starting school.

Please apply through Bradford council www.bradford.gov.uk/benefits/applying-for-benefits/free-school-meals/

Is my child entitled to free school dinners?

Children whose parents receive the following support payments are entitled to receive free school meals:

  • Income Support
  • Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
  • Support under VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • Child Tax Credit – provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and annual income does not exceed £16,190
  • The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit

How should my child search for a lost property?

For general items, your child needs to first speak to the class teacher. All lost properties are kept in each Key Stage cloak rooms and the teacher will check the appropriate cloak room with your child. Please ensure all clothing’s are marked with your child’s full name and class